Topband: 300' Bog

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 300' Bog
From: Larry <lmwatbullrun@runbox.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2021 23:48:14 +0000
BOGs are highly ground dependent;  At my QTH, they work well, and while the
signal level is significantly lower than the 850' BAG I run toward the South
BOGs show good directionality and selectivity.  Variation in soil moisture
content affect performance as does the presence of wet leaves on top of them.
I use the preamp in my transceiver with good results.

Larry W8ANT