Topband: Need Ideas For "Fusing" Beverages From Falling Trees

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Need Ideas For "Fusing" Beverages From Falling Trees
From: Randy via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 11:54:30 +0000 (UTC)
I have several 600 foot beverages made of WD-1A mil wire that run through heavy
woods.  They can handle the random falling branch but when a large tree falls
over them they break.  The wire is held in place with electric fence plastic
insulators that are nailed to trees every 100 feet. I would like to add a
smaller diameter wire to each insulator to act as a "fuse" when a tree falls
across them.  I am looking for ideas as to the best way to do this.  Maybe a
number 26 wire?  The wire size has to be heavy enough to support the wire in
normal use but weak enough to break when hit by a tree. Suggestions? 73 Randy
W9ZR