Topband: Looking for user experience: DXEngineering Thunderbolt 160m ver

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Looking for user experience: DXEngineering Thunderbolt 160m vertical
From: David Aslin G3WGN <david@aslinvc.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 13:37:01 +0000
I'm building a contest station and the time has come to make a choice of 160m
TX antenna. Looking at DXE Thunderbolt I note that the capacity hat extends to
a significant distance down the vertical section. It's my understanding that
will shield some of the radiation from the upper part of the vertical.
Alternatives like a vertical tee would not have this issue.
Is my understanding correct?

I'm considering a commercial antenna as high strength telescoping antenna
tubing is unobtanium in UK.  My QTH is an exposed windy location so strength
matters!
73, David G3WGN M6O

Sent from my Galaxy