Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW Activity Night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW Activity Night
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 15:24:42 +0000
The annual Spring time QRN has arrived. This does not mean the band is dead as it is always open somewhere. Here in Arizona the path to EU is almost gone with the last EU contact being John, SM5EDX. Some southern EU is possible but noise levels are making it more difficult.

While I enjoy the chats on the Internet, sitting there and waiting for a new one is about as boring as FT8 to myself. Dxpeditions are grinding to a halt. So what do you do? Call CQ.

A quick CQ this AM starting 30 min before sunrise yielded the following: KL7QWO (new one), JA6FFK, DU6/N6SS, AL7JX and VK3HJ. Nice!

Kudos, to N7XM, VE6WZ, W0FLS, AA1K, VK6LW, HL5IVL and a host of JA that still transmit a wake up call.

At least in these difficult times we have Ham Radio!

73 Bob W7RH

--
W7RH DM35os

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity." - Albert Einstein