Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 14:45:01 -0000
Hi Mike

As I said in my previous post, as the 1025 uses the same PCB as the 1026, I
effectively modified my 1025 to become a 1026, using MFJ's circuit, built on
to the empty slots on the PCB.

And as I only paid £40 for my 1025, this was quite a cheap way to get a
1026.

I actually rarely use it as a Noise Canceller . . . I use it as a Preamp and
Tx switcher for my 160m Loop up in the loft . . . so it's very easy to
switch between the two antennas on Receive by turning the box on and off.
(I also built the Varicap Tuning Pot for the Loop into the box as well, so
it's very neat)

Roger G3YRO