Re: Topband: NVIS Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: NVIS Antenna
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 11:46:52 -0700
Roger,

I think you're observations propagation are correct, but I strongly disagree with the paragraph below. My experience has been that IF the antenna is accurately modeled, ground characteristics accurately represent where the antenna is rigged, and the appropriate NEC ground model is selected, modelling WILL correctly predict it's performance over FLAT terrain. It's well known that non-flat terrain has major effects on horizontally polarized waves, and N6BT has recently published his work showing that it also strongly affects vertically polarized waves.

73, Jim K9YC