Re: Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise

To: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 16:34:56 -0700

On 3/14/2020 3:27 PM, Greg - ZL3IX wrote:
I used one of these systems (homebrew WA1ION) for a  couple of years in the early 2000s. My problem was a speed-controlled water pump (local water authority) very close to my QTH. The pump was in the same direction as most of the wanted DX, so a nulling loop didn't work.

Great explanation.  Now I know what these canceling boxes are good for.
I have a troublesome power pole about 100 ft off the corner of
my property.  I could put a sense antenna up in that corner
and use it with my ANC-4.

73
Rick N6RK