Re: Topband: Temporary antenna suggestion for 160

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Temporary antenna suggestion for 160
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 16:10:26 -0500 (EST)
Hi Csaba,

My experience is that an extensive radial system on the ground performs
significantly better than a few elevated radials. I suspect its difficult to
obtain nearly equal currents among a small number of elevated radials.

There is nothing wrong with gull wing elevated radials, but in my experience
they shorten the effective length of the vertical.

73
Frank
W3LPL