Re: Topband: Temporary antenna suggestion for 160

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Temporary antenna suggestion for 160
From: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 04:07:48 +0000
Sure,

I mounted the bottom of the pole onto a 6’ piece of 3” PVC Pipe buried 3’ into
the ground,  I then extended the first two (or was it three) sections of the
pole and attached it to the Eave of the house.

At that point I went onto the roof and extended the pole one section at a time
-  starting with the top section. As each section was extended I twisted the
sections to lock them in place and tightened the hose clamp.

I repeated the process until the entire 60’ pole was extended.

The pole is so well designed and so perfectly balanced it stood straight up,
only attached at the base and the Eave, while I attached the guy wires at the
anchor points and put out the top loading wires to their tie off points.

I raised and lowered the antenna three times by myself without incident.  It’s
actually very easy!

My prior vertical was made of aluminum tubing and took 4 people to erect, with
considerable effort, stress and cussing (on my part).  The spiderbeam was a
“piece of cake”!

73,

Bob AA6VB
Robert L. Chortek