Re: Topband: ARRL 160m CW Contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160m CW Contest
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 17:11:42 -0700
Unless you're in NA and looking for DX.  On this end it was like WAS contest for me.  I did manage to work all continents and a few ATNO.  Surprisingly I missed some sections in adjacent states, CA, NM and NV.

Strictly a S&P operation with a modest station; inverted-L with only (so far) a dozen radials and 500W.  No separate RX antennas; as I still hear better than I get out.  Biggest disappointment was calling and calling and calling the CQ machine, JT1CO, with no luck (again).  I work many other AS stations who are weaker than he was so maybe he has a noise problem.

Wes  N7WS