Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing

To: topband@contesting.com, Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing
From: Raoul Coetzee via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 06:29:11 +0000 (UTC)
 I use a a relay to disconnect to the vertical portion just above the bottom
matching coil, keeping all else connected.
 I do not understand why  the shield should be disconnected ?
If it carries RF back it could be decoupled by ground rods to shield or
chokes.Bu if he top section is open circuit, there would not be any signal to
carry back in the first place.
Raoul ZS1C

    On Sunday, December 8, 2019, 2:30:00 PM GMT+2, Rob Atkinson