Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing

To: Lloyd - N9LB <lloydberg@tds.net>, 'N4ZR' <n4zr@comcast.net>, 'topband reflector' <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing
From: Alan Swinger <awswinger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 17:19:51 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I also put out radials on my K9AY loop and also did what ON4UN suggested re
common mode - per his book - another grd rod about 8 ft (or so) from the loop
base with coax shield grounded to it. I also used a coax piece w/ ferrite beads
(from DX Eng) to connect from the ant to the grd rod and feedline. It has
worked as advertised for many yrs. If not done, suggest chck it w/ AM bcst
stations for directivity.
73 - Alan K9MBQ