Re: Topband: Inverted L redux

To: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L redux
From: S57AD <mirko.s57ad@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 21:42:35 +0200
Add more short (50 - 60 foot) radials, IMHO.  Some 45 years ago I worked as
a wireless operator in fixed service on 60m band (my call has been 4NC24L)
and we used L antennas. At my surprise, ground was just 3' of galvanized
pipe knocked into the ground. At company's electrician workshop I got heap
of scrap insulated copper wire different lengths which I used to lay down
some 40 or 50 radials different lengths, (in a half circle due to building
in which we were located). My signal improved so much net control asked me
what I was done and was asked to travel to another stations to install
radial systems there as well...

73, Mirko, S57AD

--
Mirko S57AD