Re: Topband: Drones for antenna installation?

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Drones for antenna installation?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 17:13:35 -0700
I stick to max 80psi which has a good safety factor vs the pipe rating (4" @220psi in my launcher). Very cold weather and knocking it around when brittle or anytime is certainly to be avoided. An alternative is to buy schedule 80, McMaster sells sch 80 PVC in 5 foot lengths. The pressure rating for 3" is 370psi and 4" 320psi. Then the end fittings should also be sch 80.

A friend once (young = stupid) made a firecracker out PVC pipe. Note that PVC doesn't show on xrays, so small bits were still erupting from his skin 20 years later. Fortunately no eye damage.

Grant KZ1W