Topband: Visit from N7DD

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Visit from N7DD
From: k1zm--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 22:49:56 +0000 (UTC)
Earlier this week Miriam (VY2NA/N1QV) and I had the pleasure of having a visit
from Larry pace N7DD and Patti.  It was great fun chatting about contesting and
Dx'ing on 160m for the better part of an afternoon and evening.
We did have some time to listen on 160m around VY2 sunset and Larry got to hear
some great signals from OM5ZW, G3ZGC and CT1ILT under good band conditions.
It is always fun to hook up with 160m ops we may have worked over many, many
years - just to catch up and remember 160m DxCitement from the past.
160m continues to have some real DX each evening out here - many Eu stations
plus 5T5PA, VK, PY by way of example.
On the other end of the spectrum, 10M continues to play well into Europe - on
28.074 using FT8.
Looks like things are picking up as Fall approaches.
73 JEFF VY2ZM

Jeff BriggsDXing on the Edge: The Thrill of 160 Meters Available worldwide
through BookBaby, Array Solutions, DX Engineering, Radio Society of Great
Britain, & Amazon