Re: Topband: 160

To: kolson@rcn.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160
From: Mark K3MSB <mark.k3msb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 17:56:34 -0400
Semi-Interesting post,  but not really applicable to the issue at hand.

>> To me, the guys who really have a beef are the guys from after WW2 until
the computer era

I have 4 patents in software engineering.    I've been doing software since
about 1978 when I worked as a research assistant in my undergrad years.
I'd be delighted to put my experience in software engineering and computers
next to yours or anyone else's on this list,  but I'm pretty sure it's
quite beyond the button-monkey level of knowledge required to use FT-8.

>> Hank Aaron didn't devalue Babe Ruth.

No he didn't, but I suspect he tried VERY hard to beat his record.   Both
Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron used a bat, ball, and gloves.    That was a pretty
level playing field.     Perhaps one day we'll have robot ball players
mixed in with humans.    Do yo think that will fly?    Of course, closer to
home,  we're now seeing where transgender issues are effecting competitive
sports.     Competition needs to be equal,  and there's nothing to prevent
different levels of competition,  but equality and fairness must exist
within the same level.

As I mentioned in a related post while I was /HH6 in May,  my FT-8 oriented
friend initiated an FT-8 sequence,  went to the bathroom,  and after coming
out pointed out he made a QSO while in the bathroom.  He specifically did
that to show me it could be done.     And FT-8 people want respect for
that?    Sorry Charlie,  not from me.

Mark K3MSB