Topband: WAR !

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: WAR !
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 09:55:25 -0400
Taking the 160M FT8 rant further ( nothing better to do)

As I was out clearing a path through the jungle this morning in preparation for the 2 wire beverage it occurred to me that what we REALLY NEED is a "WAR Award" ....Worked All Robots !

Then following this thread further and paraphrasing one of my favorite TV Sitcom geeks , Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang, I decided to try "FUN with Robots". I easily found a well known FT8 robot with a  "1" land call,  Pretty sure he is a robot since you can find him calling CQ on FT8 on multiple bands at the same time,  24 hours/day. So I called the robot had a QSO, then after the ROBOT said 73 and called CQ again , I called him again and we had a 2nd very nice QSO , after the 3rd QSO in a row I grew tired of the game, ( the Robot didn't..plucky fellow) . I then started a 4th contact , but truncated it on my end after the "RR73" ... the robot continued to call me for verification seven more times before it gave up and went back to calling CQ.

Now I am not saying you should fight fire with fire ...just saying it can be done

Been nice fellows...

Lets have lunch and have your Robot give my Robot a call :-)
Dave
NR1DX
dit dit

---