Re: Topband: Summer Update & a Surprise

To: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Summer Update & a Surprise
From: uy0zg <uy0zg@mksat.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 21:08:51 +0300
Hi Topbanders !

Everything is easy to fix.

There should be a strict separation of achievements -

1. They are made only by man.

2. They are made only on the computer.

Delete Mixed Achievement Chart :

http://www.arrl.org/system/dxcc/view/DXCC-160M-20190731-A4.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,-12,848

And then FT8 (and many future FTs ....) will lose popularity.

Only children will play with them ...

---
Nick, UY0ZG
http://www.topband.in.ua

Peter Sundberg писал 2019-07-31 20:31:
If we CW operators would all stay on a very tight frequency passband
and call CQ every 15 seconds I bet there would be a lot of interesting
things happening to us also. Especially if we do it 24/7 or at least
every hour that we are not asleep.

However, PC-automation has it's advantages, some are at work while
working DX and others are gardening. Some even sit by the radio/PC and
watch things happen :-)

Bottom line is, we need to activate our transmitters more and not just
listen for others. A perfect example is Bill KH7XS who opens up almost
any seemingly "dead" band to Europe, at any time, just by calling CQ
for a while.

CW is not only great fun as you say Dave, CW is King!

73
Peter SM2CEW