Re: Topband: FT8 - How it really works

To: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 - How it really works
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 18:24:16 -0500
Chuck, I suspect something wasn’t quite right with your setup? At my QTH in W3
I can hear multiple FT8 signals on 1840kc USB (2.4khz bandwidth) from before my
sunset until after sunrise. They are whining/droning carriers for 13 seconds
every 15 seconds. Only for that less than 2 seconds every 15 seconds do I hear
just band noise, at all other times I hear multiple FT8 signals just fine. And
the computer can decode more signals than I can hear.

Tim N3QE