Re: Topband: FT8 - How it really works

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 - How it really works
From: Patrik Hrvatin <pa3k@vip.hr>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 19:11:47 +0100
Hi,Narroving filter in WSJT-X digi modes will degrade decodes! Best performance
you'll get using wide open filters on you radio.I sugest you to look at the
WSJT-X archives and find the answer to your question by the author it self -
K1JT.As we are radio Amateurs i beleive its worth to experiment with the
filters and it would be nice to see those results posted here.
So far i didnt try yet FT8 on 160m, i did it on on 6m during the summer season
and 40 to 10m daily from home with simple wires. I prefer to work CW on 160m
;)On 6m i have almost no noise, worked about 106 DXCC's in 3 months or less,
200 NA stations and about 60 JAs in the log. Many of those are Topbanders.With
modest setup, old IC706MK2 + 3cx800, 6el.YU7EF  and of course JTDX software
(worth to try it).
160m and 6m are very different, starting from noise level, QSB and  propagation
modes. Multiple receivers are needed with multiple JT program's running, each
his own dedicated QTF direction. Otherwise you will loose a needed DX for sure.
One thing we agreed b4 the season, that EU will transmit always on the 1st
period. That was good decision to minimise local QRM.

Best regards, MX and 73 9A5CW

Poslano s pametnog telefona Samsung Galaxy.