Re: Topband: 160m antenna help

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m antenna help
From: Paul Mclaren <paul.mcl@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:45:21 +0100
All,

Thanks to everyone on list who gave me a lot of specific advice to my questions
on my 160m inverted L.

I visited the local DIY store today and purchased a length of 8mm bore flexible
copper pipe which I wound round 10 times on a pipe of 3in diameter to make a
“hairpin” match.  After connecting it up and some tweaking the analyser
readings are in the link below:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rf8AQGLTsAYvJmNt9

Clive – it is still an L but working on a T.

Others who suggested the FCP would definitely like to try on but difficult to
fit due to stuff in the garden so the current radials whilst not idea will need
to work for now.   Thanks the emails direct and on list about the FCP.

Testing again tonight.

Regards

Paul

MM0ZBH