Re: Topband: 160m antenna help

To: "'Topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m antenna help
From: "Clive GM3POI" <clive@gm3poi.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 21:14:11 -0000
Paul this was covered a few days ago. Aim to resonate the L  at approx.
1.9mhz then put a hairpin coil across the feed point, somewhere in the
region of 2.5 microhenries. Then if needed adjust the horizontal  part of
the L and the coil.  I used a variable inductance to get the needed value
here with a 20m vertical and two top loading wires. Then replaced the
correct adjusted coil value with a fixed coil.
If you have room for a T even if its inverted that would be better to save
unwanted horizontal polarisation from your L.
If you need further info send me an email off ref'    73 Clive GM3POI