Re: Topband: Use shunt fed tower

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Use shunt fed tower
From: Stan <k8ll.ham@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 20:26:02 -0400
Hi everybody!

A couple thoughts on shunt fed towers...

Depending on what you read on the web, concrete/cement might (or might not) be somewhat of a conductor. So, could attaching to concrete around the house be a help as a ground/radial?
Thoughts???

Feeding a tower with NO RADIALS.
It seems it would be possible to feed a tower about halfway up as a center fed vertical dipole, with no need for radials. In most cases it would be a very short dipole for Top Band, tho.
Thoughts???

Sometimes weird ideas pop into my head......

Stan K8LL
10-10# 76801
FP# 3255
Propagation is our master... but sometimes the master is cruel!