Re: Topband: Radial wire

To: "'Jeff Draughn'" <n0ost99@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial wire
From: "David Harmon" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 18:57:51 -0500
I used 6300' of radial wire from DX Engineering.
The great thing about it is that it lays flat on top of the ground without
snarling up....no need to stretch it...just roll it out.
Don’t take it sideways off the reel...unroll the reel.
I scalped the grass around the vertical and then used lawn staples from DXE to
be sure they stayed down while the grass grew over them.
They have been out there for 8 years and I mow over them with no problem.
Stranded copper with some sort of tough UV resistant insulation.

73

David Harmon
K6XYZ
Sperry, OK