Topband: Inv L with FCP Tuning

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inv L with FCP Tuning
From: James Denneny <57jndenneny@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 09:35:34 -0700
Gary, I use an inv L with K2AV FCP and matching balun.  I purchased a RigExpert
AA-30 to tune out the reactance.  It worked great.  No tuning cap or inductor
were needed.  It took just a couple cuts to dial it in.  My L is now 126 ft
long with a 65 ft vertical leg standing a few feet off a tree trunk. The SWR is
now much sharper as it should be.

We live on a small lakefront lot and there was not sufficient room for a decent
TB ground radial system.  Our location is semi-rural.  So, man-made noise is
not a frequent issue. The FCP and trimming of the antenna has produced a major
improvement in the L’s performance.  It enabled me to reach TB DXCC  this past
season.

Best Luck

Jim K7EG

Sent from Mail for Windows 10