Re: Topband: FT8 qrm & Bandplanning History on 160m

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 qrm & Bandplanning History on 160m
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 20:31:28 -0500
Thing is, FT8 is by transmitted signal measurement, a narrow band mode just
like CW.

Even narrower than typical  CW. Yet we have CW signals interfering with FT8
users self-perceived window, when they are 2kc away from each other.

So a regulation by transmitted signal bandwidth does not seem to be the magic
arrow some of us thought a few years ago. I include myself in the “some of us”.

Tim N3QE