Re: Topband: FT8 qrm - 3khz wideband digital

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 qrm - 3khz wideband digital
From: HP <pfizenmayer@q.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 15:33:43 -0500 (EST)
My two cents is - at least with FT8 so far 99.99 percent of the folks stay in
the 2 - 3 khz segment .

I am amazed I see virtually nothing about the proliferation of 3 khz wideband
digital two way hash on all HF bands . For instance last night on the ZA1WW on
3536 , it covered both the ZA and most of the pile calling

And then there is my problem with Century link ADSL carriers every 4 khz across
160-80-40 at 5 to 10 db out of noise. On 80 happens to be 3535.934 - the ZA was
about 3535.970 pretty rough .

Also amazes me I seem to be the only one in the country with the 4 khz combs
(which sometimes are just limited to the ham bands bottom edge up 70- 100 khz
almost as if intentional )

Hank K7HP