Re: Topband: FT8.

To: "'DXer'" <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8.
From: "JC" <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 23:15:28 -0400
Hi Vince , just answering some of your questions for technical reasons, I
see all innovation as good for the hobby.

>>1) How is computer to computer FT8 different from computer to computer
RTTY, a very popular mode among DXers and contesters?<<

FT8 you make a decision witch station you want to work, the handshake
between the 2 computers define when and witch radio needs to transmit what.
Eliminating operator timing errors starting transmit off sync on the right
time speed up the "QSO" ,  there is no human intervention on FT8 after the
first click.
RTTY you need to read the screen, and decide how to click,  well ... no much
challenge too. I don't like RTTY either, I made only one QSO since 1969.

73's
JC
N4IS