Re: Topband: FT8.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8.
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 22:32:05 -0400
"What concerns me is the fact that the technical level of the new ham is
declining too fast. There is the feeling that "GOOGLE" can explain everything..."

That's an important point, but Google is not necessarily a bad thing, laziness is. The problem is that some people won't even put an effort into googling for an answer.

When FT8 RC2 came out, and depending on the version you were running before installing it, it was necessary to reset the frequency list, or it would be mangled.

I could not believe the number of people reporting this issue on the WSJT list, and asking for the solution, when all they had to do was read the previous messages. It had been asked, and answered, at least 10 or 15 times in the previous 24 hours. The same thing was happening on eHam.

73 de Vince, VA3VF