Re: Topband: 160 meter L

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 meter L
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:29:36 +0000
I fly a balloon vertical for 160 meters (1/4 wavelength) with 8 radials.

For 80 meters I use a standard tuner right at the base feed point to match it =
~ 1/2 wave. It gets out quite well. Voltages would be
high so use appropriately rated coils/capacitors. This may be another option
for a two band inverted L if one does not wish to use a trap.

 - Jon N0JK