Re: Topband: Soldering radials?

To: KK4CPS@gmail.com, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Soldering radials?
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 17:07:12 -0400
Hi Matt,

We can not ever have enough radials, especially with a less than a 1/4 wave vertical.  Shorter antennas can get competitive if enough radials are used.    Recommend solid wire because oxidation from water can corrode the stranded faster. Each strand is loosing conductivity.  Solder them where they cross each other.   If not connected, voltage differences leak power away. Takes time but in mid winter, it worth it.  Busting through a pile up easily can bring a smile.
73
Bruce- k1fz