Re: Topband: VK0EK Operation

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: VK0EK Operation
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 15:48:25 -0400
With my K3s, Using a HI-Z triangular aimed
SE, I was listening with a 50 Hz DSP
filter width, using the K3s's Audio peak
filtering, under a 250 Hz crystal filter,
attenuator on, to get them.

It was all I could do to hear the faintest
ghost of a signal at 23:40Z, replying with
my call & the eternal call + 599. I think
I was the first NA to get them on 160 as
there was no mention on the cluster before
I posted and... the misanthropic bastard
psychopaths that gentlemen in our sport
call DQRM, hadn't heard them yet.

It has to be different on the west coast
but being curious after I made the Q, I
listened to the pileup calling them and
where the calls were coming from, and
eventually they moved to the 6/7 area.