Re: Topband: strange propagation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: strange propagation
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:49:32 -0400

Raoul

Well liberally quoting Forest Gump....TB Dxing is like a box of chocolates....you never know what your gonna git." I called S9SS for two years before I worked him and that is a chip shot across the pond. The same with DU/N0NM who I never worked but heard daily. Now I am working DU7ET on TB nearly every morning including SSB QSO's. Robert is using a low dipole and we get a good SR/SS enhancement. DU/N0NM was receiving on a vertical which pretty much explains everything. last week FR4NT was peaking at his SR at 579 but couldn't hear me. the next day he laid a bog my direction and it was easy. This thrill of victory and agony of defeat far surpasses and internet QSO. We may soon see Dx-peditions that merely use Skype of a small SDR rig on the shelf to work them on all bands for cash. The tempting for a pay to play operation will trump everything. (No pun intended.)

Herb Schoenbohm