Re: Topband: Stew Beef

To: <kolson@rcn.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Beef
From: "Mort" <mort.g2jl@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 16:34:29 -0000
"...The days of "honest reports" in a contest? I am 63 years old, operated my
first contest when I was 18 and I don't remember those days. You found out how
well your station "got out" by how long you waited in the pileups and how much
of the time you could call CQ. ..."

Well,  when I retired at 60,  because the employer decided that at this age,
brain-rot sets in,  I spent three months of new-found 'spare' time typing my
logs for the last 40 years.

Genuine RST seemed to appear in contests until the mid 70s.  Now,  stuck with a
DOS log,  too old for exporting,  I blench at the thought of typing 62
years'-worth,  especially as I've made more QSOs since retiring than before.
When I win the lottery [my XYL believes in The Power of Positive Thinking;  I
believe in Sod's Law]  yes,  when,  I shall employ a typist who might be able
to do things even a modern Window$ log-prog can't,  too.

I shall also employ tramps [hobos] to march the streets with sandwich-boards
proclaiming "Genuine RST or Nothing".

73  -  Mort,  G2JL