Re: Topband: Stew Beef

To: "'Tom Haavisto'" <kamham69@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Beef
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 10:05:36 -0600
It's been a long time since I entered a contest seriously so I can't get
DQd.

Doug

I wasn't born in Saskatchewan, but I got here as soon as I could.

  _____

One really needs to look at the contest rules before deciding to not send
RST.  If it is the rules, please send it.

A few years ago, there was a bit of a blow up on the CQ Contest reflector
over this very issue.  A high scoring station decided to not send RST.  He
did this in order to shave a few seconds off his contest exchange, and some
folks cried fowl.  In the end, he decided to submit his log as a checklog.
So - instead of a big score, he scored zero...

So - do whatever you like.  SP does not require RST, so no problem there.
But - be aware that some contests require RST, and may lead to a DQ for not
following the rules...

Tom - VE3CX

---