Re: Topband: directional receive and contests

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: directional receive and contests
From: Dennis <egan.dennis88@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 13:34:17 -0500
Art

I operated the entire Stew with a 160m 4-square antenna, with no listening antennas. One hand on the keyboard, one hand on the 4-square directional switch. After every CQ, if a signal was not heard using the xmit direction, the switch was rotated through the other positions to make sure I didn't miss anything. There were numerous times where a signal would be inaudible in the starting direction, but would pop up
to Q5 when the switch was rotated.

The only way I've found not to miss anything is to constantly be changing the direction on any
listening antennas that I am using.

Dennis W1UE