Re: Topband: re topband QRP

To: <mstangelo@comcast.net>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: re topband QRP
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 13:16:33 -0500
I disagree. Since it is a category I find that some operators appreciate the information. It sometimes leads to a discussion about our setups.

With regards to miscopying someone. If you cannot intrepret the information sent because of a weak signal QRM or QRN you have not made a valid contact.

A person should never do that in a contest. Not ever.

It isn't actually even good to sign a "callsign/QRP" outside of a contest. It isn't a legal identifier, although it doesn't hurt anyone else as long as it is not a high rate or run contact series.

The real place for that in the non-contest exchange is during the ragchew. There is never a reason or place for it inside a contest exchange unless the contest makes it a mandatory part of an exchange.

I really hope people do not punish others by insisting on sending unnecessary, confusing, junk. That is what it would be doing, punishing others.

73 Tom