Re: Topband: Beverage guidance needed

To: Charles Yahrling <cfytech24x7@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage guidance needed
From: Bill Wichers <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 19:40:16 +0000
"The woods" are probably the second most popular beverage location after the
"unused winter farm field" :-)

The only problems tend to be physical (falling branches breaking the wire, deer
breaking the wire, etc). Make sure to use a "fuse" at one end of the wire so
that an easy to fix part breaks instead of the antenna wire or supports. Your
inevitable repair work will be lots easier this way. I usually use lightweight
braided nylon cord for this purpose since it seems to hold up better in the
weather than the twine does. Just make sure whatever you use will break well
before the wire you use.

-Bill KB8WYP

Sent from my iPhone