Re: Topband: HVDC

To: ws9v@royell.net,topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: HVDC
From: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:31:20 +0000
Skip,
I went on a road trip to Northern VE2 some years ago.
There was an enormous transmissionline near the road
we were on.  I tuned in 1710 khz on the truck radio and
there was dead silence...NO RFI at all.  I really thought
the line was maybe "under construction" but later I found
that it was indeed operating with HV DC and powered up
by a huge underground power plant near our destination.
There was no noise from the inverter/converter plant we
passed by either.

I don't think you'll have any noise problems from the line or
the equipment....but YMMV.

73,
Charlie, N0TT