Re: Topband: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters

To: Carl Clawson <clawsoncw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:18:30 -0500
A deep "4 inch box"? Add extension rings if necessary? Ganged outlet boxes?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-outlet-boxes/=vohae8

I know I've seen on the web somewhere, a Grow-Light filter with 3 big 2.4"
toroids all in a 4 inch box. I don't think there was any room left for
outlets.

I use 4 inch boxes for all sorts of ham accessories (having nothing to do
with 120VAC power). They are nice and heavy and stay put.

The 3/8" BX clamps work great for cable strain relief.

If the treadmill manufacturer had just included 15 cents of waveshaping at
the MOSFET, all the external filtering would be completely unnecessary.

Tim N3QE