Re: Topband: Help installing compression connectors

To: "Tony K1AMF" <k1amf@live.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Help installing compression connectors
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:04:50 -0500
The correct connector seems to be a SNS-1P6QS with violet sleeve.

What is the part number or color of the connector you have??

All you should have to do, besides normal stripping prep, is fold the outer shield over. The connector should push right on by hand.

The compression pretty much takes a tool to do right, and the stripping is easiest with a stripping tool, but the correct connector should push right on by hand. You might try dipping the cable end in something like alcohol or lacquer thinner to loosen up the flooding goo, if you actually have the correct connector.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony K1AMF" <k1amf@live.com>