Re: Topband: Radial Wire

To: <jbwolf@comcast.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial Wire
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 07:49:43 -0400
On your mention of Silver solder, do you mean typical circuit board silver
solder or the "real" silver solder, such as used on copper tubing in high
pressure refrigeration systems?
I used the "real" silver solder to solder 3/8" copper tubing to Stainless
Steel Ground rods below ground level.

I use KappTecZ when the joint is likely to have direct earth exposure or stress in the joint, although regular solder or "silver solder" from my wife's stained glass stuff has never given me problems above ground. KappTecZ solders almost anything very well with the correct flux.