Re: Topband: Radial Wire

To: "<garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>" <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial Wire
From: Bill Wichers <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:40:36 +0000
Solid will generally hold up better regarding corrosion, but stranded holds up
better if subjected to mechanical stress. Solid is also easier to solder
properly, imho. Pick the type best suited to the area your radial field is in.
If your radial field gets walked on frequently then stranded is probably the
better choice. Solid is generally a better choice in areas that won't be
subject to mechanical stresses from walkers and the like.

Also, I agree with the other poster that the "dog run wire" is probably the
best of the options available from that seller due to it having a polyethylene
jacket. I'd personally go with dark colors too to hide in the grass as well as
for better uv resistance.

-Bill KB8WYP

Sent from my iPad