Re: Topband: Radial Wire

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial Wire
From: "Charlie" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:31:23 -0400
Thank heavens, I don't have deer to contend with  on my city lot! Main
"critters"  here are squirrels ("tree rats"), rabbits, possums, the
occasional raccoon or fox, and some geese from time to time. If I had deer
or other larger animals to deal with, I'd surely use something heavier and
put it higher than their heads, if I couldn't bury it! I did, not long ago,
get rid of a huge spool of 10- ga magnet wire ( hard-drawn, I think). I've
regretted getting rid of it! I had built a lot of antennas with it and it
was virtually indestructible! Took a really substantial iron to solder it!
I got the huge spool of magnet wire free from a previous employer, who was
clearing out a storage area in preparation for selling off the plant. One of
the veeps, who was supervising the clean-out, gave it to me, and I loaded it
on my pickup and took it home and used it for years for antennas -never made
much of a dent in  that huge spool! Took two strong men to get it on the bed
of my pickup!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV