Re: Topband: 1000 feet 5/8" hardline or 600ohm True Ladder line.

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1000 feet 5/8" hardline or 600ohm True Ladder line.
From: "k1fz" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:59:44 -0400

Heating is not a good guide for long coax runs. One watt of heating, in one foot of length, would hardly be detectable. Multiply times 1000 feet and a kilowatt of power is lost.

The same logic not to use small diameter house wiring applies, The amount of current through the wire needs to be considered.

73
Bruce-K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>