Re: Topband: Power stayed on!

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Power stayed on!
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:48:33 -0500
Looks like we dodged the bullet here also. Storms are unpredictable and go anywhere from right up the Hudson River valley to out to sea

Watching the storm track it took a sharp right turn over LI, NY and then a NE tack past Boston and out to sea.

About 8" of fluff which stopped about 4PM and likely some rain later tonight from the back side as the temps get into the 40's. We are still getting a few 25-30 mph gusts but not like earlier when it was pretty steady for several hours.

I took one pass with the plowtruck at 430 so we can get in/out as needed and will do the cleanup tomorrow.

Carl
KM1H

Genuinely sorry to hear of the unfortunate damage this storm has done
to some of us. It takes so much effort to put things together in a
way that we're happy with and mother nature can undo it in a
heartbeat. Sandy did my damage with salt water submerging all my
external antenna switching systems as well as the loss of my wire
antennas which snapped from falling branches. This time I escaped
damage, I hope those affected get their equipment back to shape as
fast as possible.

73,

Gary
KA1J