Re: Topband: Insulator problems

To: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Topband: Insulator problems
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 08:22:05 -0500
Greg,

One property you should look at when deciding the material to use for your
insulator (especially if exposed to water) is a property called water
absorption and normally it's listed as a weight percent.  Some nylons are
better than others, but nylon in general absorbs a lot of water and
therefore probably not your best choice of material.

73,
Don (wd8dsb)