Re: Topband: Wideband interference

To: topband List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wideband interference
From: Gary and Kathleen Pearse <pearse@gci.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:43:02 -0900

I may be overreaching here but…in learning some of the new features of my K3/P3
with SVGA card and remote terminal I came across the screen snap or hold
feature. If that image can be exported to the Utility program (or ???), saved,
and maybe printed would it be possible to go portable and hunt for a similar
noise signature?

The reason I ask is that the local utility company owns a Radar Engineers
receiver. They came to my shack, hooked up to my antennas and took a noise
signature on the oscilloscope, and went hunting. They soon found the offending
signal and fixed.

Might be worth a try if one has a K3/P3 and the feature I describe does work.
I’ve not tried it yet.

73, Gary NL7Y