Re: Topband: Replacing F Connectors with BNCs

To: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Replacing F Connectors with BNCs
From: Clay Melhorn <n9io@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 00:29:18 -0600
This is the short tool most everyone carries that I know that works in TV
distribution..

I also have one with a long screwdriver shaft that works better for tightly
racked equipment.

such as the TV head-end I have at the hospital I work for.

Most of the time you cannot possibly get a hand in and tighten or loosen.

This one is excellent and can be even attached to your key ring.

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Security-Shield-Filter-Removing/dp/B001T75RGU/ref=sr_1_8/189-9366517-7553866?ie=UTF8&qid=1384496250&sr=8-8&keywords=f+connector+wrench

73'

Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
Webmaster: KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/

> From: w6sx@arrl.net
> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 07:19:54 -0800
> To: n4zr@contesting.com
> CC: Topband@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: Topband: Replacing F Connectors with BNCs
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>wrote:
>
> That is certainly possible, Frank - I've been using Ideal compression
> > connectors from Home Depot. I have not had any reliability problems with
> > them at all - they are just a pita to connect and disconnect.
> >

> The cable guys around here have some sort of neat slip on/over wrench.
> Seems to work like a charm.
>
> Google f-type connector wrench.
>
> 73,
>
> Hank, W6SX