Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

To: "'Don Kirk'" <wd8dsb@gmail.com>, "'Rick'" <nm3g@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW
From: "Lennart Michaelsson" <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 14:22:38 +0100
Hi all,
Just curious: How come that people operate Ham beacons in a bandsegment that
we have agreed to be used for DX traffic only? What is the purpose?
73
Len
SM7BIC
"
The beacon that you mention (what I assume I'm hearing around 3.500.9 this
morning between 1130 to 1200 UTC) is on a lower frequency (approximately
0.9 Khz lower) than what I was previously hearing, it's much weaker than
what I had been hearing, and it's heading is much different from my previous
measurements.  Using my 3 pennants I would say the signal from what I assume
is the w4hbk beacon is a little West Of South from my location (my first
estimate this morning put it around 190 degrees, and QRZ.com says w4hbk is
186 degrees from my location), and this is much different than my previous
measurements that typically were from 128 to 140 degrees and 150 degrees at
the most)"

Just FYI,
Don (wd8dsb)
Topband Reflector